What is the purpose of this engagement?
To seek feedback from the community on the Extension of Dog Off-Leash Hours in Parks. Community input will be used to inform Council regarding the need to change the current off leash times. Council has received a petition from local residents and is now seeking community feedback.
What is included in this engagement?
What is not included in this engagement?
What are the current dog off-leash arrangements?
The areas being considered as part of this consultation are listed and are currently off-leash between 5pm and 10am:
• Everard Park Reserve (Everard Park)
• Forestville Reserve (Forestville)
• Fraser Reserve (Myrtle Bank)
• Fullarton Park (Fullarton)
• Heywood Park – (western sector)
• Howard Florey Reserve (Parkside)
• McLeay Park (Unley)
• Page Park (Clarence Park)
• Scammell Reserve (Myrtle Bank)
• Soutar Park – open play area and south of east west path (Goodwood)
• Village Green (Unley)
• Wayville Reserve (Wayville)
What are the options?
1. Make no changes to the off-leash hours in the parks listed: off leash hours to remain 5pm to 10am.
2. Amend the off-leash hours in the parks listed to: off leash between 4pm and 10am from 1 April to 30 Sept only, 1 October to 31 March to remain 5pm to 10m
3. Amend the off-leash hours in the parks listed to: off leash between 4:30pm and 10am from 1 April to 30 Sept only, 1 October to 31 March to remain 5pm to 10m
Will the changes be implemented?
What will happen with my feedback and what are the next steps of the project?
results of the consultation will be collated into a report that will be
presented to Council in late 2016. This report will inform Council and
assist further decisions on this matter. Ongoing updates relating to this
matter will be placed on Council’s website.
Where can I get more information?